Things to do with your Big/Little Brother or Sister
Sometimes little moments mean the most...
- Sundays from 2-3, be a Sunday artist at Museum London
- Go to Chapters, read a book and have a fun drink from Starbucks
- Go to the pet store and look at all the animals then research how to care for them
- Go to the Humane Society, soup kitchen, salvation army to find out about volunteer opportunities
- Go to a Travel Agency and get travel books to plan a dream vacation
- Go to the mall and pick out an outfit for each other to try on
- Go to the library and research a country, then make plans to create a dinner from that country during your next outing, complete with music and table settings (you can borrow DVD's and CD's from the library for free!)
- Stop by Tourism London on Wellington Road near Southdale for some really great ideas and coupons
*Free Friday nights at the Children's Museum
- Learn how to knit or sew
- Window shop at the shops in downtown
- Do manicures, pedicures and facials
- Plant some indoor plants or herbs
- Visit the Art Gallery
- Make a collage or mural
- Find a place where you and your Little could do some volunteer work
- Take pictures and have a showing of your favorite ones you developed
- Visit the Covent Garden Market
- Use a compass and go for a walk on trails or just around the neighborhood
- Write a play and then perform it for friends and family or perform it during a night here at Big Brothers Big Sisters
- When you can, don't forget to look in the newsletter for Matches Making Memories Events
- Make a crossword for each other
- Have an indoor picnic and watch a movie
- Check out what you can do at the Boys and Girls Club
- Are there any programs happening on Sunday at the London Public Library?
- Work on a 3-D puzzle
- Research about a Holiday or a special occasion ie: how did Valentine's Day come about?
- Use part of an outing to have your Little Sister brainstorm ideas that she likes and plan ahead again using a calendar so you know ahead of time what you will be doing.
Check out these websites for more ideas: