Enriching Lives, Strengthening Community
Nurturing and stable relationships with caring adults are essential to healthy human development beginning from birth.
To a child, love, care and attention means:
Research has consistently shown that mentored children have greater success in school and life, as well as increased :
- Social Skills
- Physical Growth
- Emotional Health
- Sense of Trust and Belonging.
Benefits “By the Numbers”:
- 91% feel better about themselves.
- 65% have improved self-confidence.
- 67% have a better sense of right and wrong.
- 76% show improved school grades.
- 80% have a better school attendance record.
- 82% develop better relationships with their teacher.
- 90% get along better with other kids.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of London and Area maintains an average of 350 or more matches,and can have upwards of 100 children waiting for a special friend.
Your donations enable us to do even more to impact the lives of London and Middlesex County children, and to strengthen our shared community for the future.